Menu
translate drop-down-arrow address frog facebook arrow-right-swiper phone arrow-left-swiper scroll-down scroll-up right-arrow-link twitter search email instagram

Independant Day School

Preschool to 11 years

Established 1951

Saville House School

Interactive Bar

Out of Hours Contact: 01623 904418

School History

Saville House was founded by Mrs D Floyd and Mrs G Howell on January 11th 1951 and was based at Rainworth Vicarage. It started with 11 pupils and had 40 by May of that year. Mrs Howell then moved to Lincolnshire and relinquished her partnership, resulting in Mrs Floyd moving the school to the Sherwood Hall building in March 1952.

 

 

Following the death of the owner of the Sherwood Hall building, Saville House then moved to Church Street on March 26th 1964, which is where it has remained ever since. 

 

Our beautiful grade two listed school was built around 300 years ago and has been a school for around 65 years. One of the most important developments in the schools progress has been the merger, in 2004, of Saville House and Mansfield Preparatory School. The merger has resulted in considerable improvements in both resources and structure of the school and has ensured the long term future of the school.

 

Since opening, we have lived by our school moto, which is listed under our coat of arms in our logo. Our school motto "Fideliter, Fortiter and Feliciter" which translates, from Latin, as Faithfully, Courageously and Joyfully is woven into the fabric of Saville House School and are three pillars that all teachers, pupils and parents are asked to live by during their time with us.

 

Get In Touch

Information Block

Top